Hope you all are doing good.
Today I am sharing a recipe of Raw Papaya Kabab/Veg Kabab.
We will prepare these kababs with easily available ingredients, so you don’t need too many things to prepare these.
Whenever you have guests coming in, please prepare these kababs and keep them ready in refrigerator and at the the time of serving just fry them and serve.
So let’s start the recipe
Serving – 2 people
Step by step video guide to prepare Raw Papaya Kabab
1) Raw Papaya – 1 bowl( Peeled and grated)
2) Boiled Potatoes-2 (Mashed)
3) Besan/Gram Flour – 1/2 bowl
4) Onion – 1 small( Finely chopped)
5) Green Chilly -1( Finely Chopped)
6) Ginger Garlic Paste – 1/2 teaspoon
7)Cornflour- 1 tablespoon
8)Chat Masala Powder – 1 teaspoon
9) Garam Masala Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
10)Red Chilly Powder – 1/2 teaspoon
13) Soya Nuggets- 1 cup( Powdered)
14) Ghee – 1 teaspoon
Note : You can use bread crumbs instead of soya nugget powder
1) Peel raw papaya and clean it from inside by removing its seeds. Now please grate papaya using grater.
2) Please dry roast besan/gram flour on low flame, till nice roasted aroma of besan starts to come and its color changes a bit.Keep it aside.
3) Take a pan and add 1 teaspoon of oil and saute raw grated papaya for 2- 3 mins till the raw flavor of papaya goes away and keep it for cooling.
4) In a mixing bowl add papaya, mashed potatoes and onion and green chilli and ginger garlic paste.
) Mix it well and now add chat masala powder, garam masala powder and red chilly powder to the papaya mixture and mix well.
6) Add roasted gram flour to the papaya mixture and with hands nicely mix everything.
Note: We are using gram flour for binding. If you don’t want to use besan, you can use bread crumbs instead.
7) Add salt to taste and 1 teaspoon ghee and mix everything nicely with hands.
8) Take cornflour and prepare batter by adding little water at a time.
9) Now prepare kababs with hands, as shown in image. Dip kabab in the cornflour batter and coat it with soya nuggets powder properly on all sides.
10) Similar manner prepare all the kababs and keep in the refrigerator for 10- 15 mins.
11) After 15 mins, please add oil for shallow frying in a pan.
12) When the oil is hot, place kabab in the oil and make the gas flame low, after placing kabab.
13) Fry kababs on low flame, till they are crisp on both the sides.
14) Serve the kababs with green chutney or tomato ketchup.